Advertisment

Xiaomi 12: Review in Pakistan

Xiaomi 12

Xiaomi 12: Review
Xiaomi 12: Review


Now, in today's article, as you can see by the title, we're going to be talking about the Xiaomi 12. There are also a couple of things that I don't really like and I found that it actually affected the overall user experience. So in today, don't think of this as a Xiaomi 12 review, but more of a sharing kind of story of my experience with the Xiaomi 12.

All right, first up, the first thing that I like here obviously, is in terms of the pricing on the Xiaomi 12. The Xiaomi 12 Price in USA is 655$ on Amazon. And bear in mind that this is actually the base variant of just 8GB of Ram and 256GB of internal memory. Now, price wise, I suppose it's a veritably fair price in order to get this kind of specs. The Snapdragon 8 gen 1 today for just 655$. I suppose this is the best deals you can pick up there.

Design

Now, the design is second thing that I like here. I using this Xiaomi 12 in this green with the synthetic leather back panel, I found that this is actually much better to use compared to the black version of the Xiaomi 12 Pro. It feels absolutely lovely to hold. So I'm not sure if you can imagine that, but it just feels much more premium and comfortable to hold in hand.

Now, one thing I do have to point out here is that although Xiaomi is marketing this as like a compact, smaller device, which must definitely applaud.

Processor

Now, the third thing is the processor. Now, as I mentioned earlier on this is (I would say), the most powerful compact device to date, because it comes with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. You guys already know how it performs. It's basically better than the Snapdragon 888 or 888 plus in terms of this, not just performance, but in terms of efficiency and the ability to keep things cool while you are playing a game, browsing your social media and YouTube. It’s a very powerful device in handling all kinds of tasks.

Performance

Performance wise, I absolutely love it too. Now, what to do with it. The fourth thing that I really like about this device here is actually the MIUI 13. It basically introduces a lot of beautiful widgets. Now, this is something I couldn't say as much about on Android, because before that it was quite difficult to set up some really nice widgets on my desktop. But with MIUI 13, Xiaomi has actually introduced a lot of beautiful widgets here.

It looks amazing. Semi is also saying that they have squashed quite a fair bit of bugs with MIUI 13. So on my 8 to 9 day use with the Xiaomi 12; And it is actually a very nice experience using MIUI 13 on the Xiaomi 12. So I do hope if any of you out there are still using a Semi device, hopefully your device will get the MIUI 13 upgrade so you can enjoy all those benefits.

 I did not really love

Okay, so I've talked about my favorite things. Now let me talk a little about the things I really didn't like.

Display

First of all, the main thing that I really didn't like is actually the display. The display on the Xiaomi top is an excellent display in terms of the specifications. It is an OLED display. Like I said, it's now a 6.28 inch, 120 Hz refresh rate. You have HDR 10 plus all the good stuff on this display here. A very compact display that has a pixel density of over 400. This means that everything you see on the display will be crystal clear, very sharp. The colors are amazing. Everything looks good. It looks good, guys.

Main Problem(Curved Side)

But here's the main problem. The problem with this device, the display here is actually due to the curved side on both the left and right corner. So I found that whenever I use a larger device that is curved on the sides, my hands actually are further extended. But because this cell Xiaomi 12 is a smaller phone, so the reason my hands actually curve more towards the display and this is where I have a ton of accidental touches throughout my entire experience. It doesn't matter if I'm just browsing YouTube when I'm just holding the phone, I'll accidentally hit another video. And also when I am using the browser, without knowing much I hit another link to go somewhere else.

So that's something that I found really irritating. You just tell me? 12. I would strongly recommend, for instance, in the future, if they're going to come up with a compact device, they should definitely go with a flat display. If the device were bigger, you wouldn't be able to get your hands as close to the display. But because it's small, every time you hold it in your hand, you're actually touching all sides of the display. And I know some of you might ask me, did you accidentally turn on the touch setting? Of course. Yes, I did. There are a couple of settings. So you can go from small, medium, large, and you can actually cover up a whole section on the sides here to prevent the accidental touches. But in actual real world use, even if you cover up all the entire sites, you will still be prone to those accidental touches. So that's something that I want to feedback. This definitely affects the overall user experience, making the Xiaomi 12 quite annoying to use..

Camera

Now, the second thing camera that I didn't really like here. Now, again we have a triple camera set up. We have the 50 megapixel Sony I mac 766 that you guys might already be very familiar with. Is on most flagship devices from 2021. It's actually a great sensor, but I think because of the optimization by Xiaomi, it's not that good. A part from that, you also have a 13MP ultra and last but not least, a 5MP telemarketer lens or something like that. So, overall, I would say just in terms of camera pictures that are sticking on the Xiaomi 12.

The kind of experience I was getting with the camera.

I definitely expected it to be a little better than what I was seeing. So what I mean by that is that the pictures here just don’t seem too true to life. Pictures do look very bland and normal. Sometimes I noticed that the colors are also not accurate either. So, for example, when I'm pointing the camera towards a certain person, tell me, just makes the entire skin tones go totally wrong and all that. So that's just the kind of experience I was getting with the camera. But overall, again since I personally added a lot of my photos. It's not really a big issue for me. So that's just something I can point out about the cameras.

Battery

Now, the third thing that I don't really like here is the battery. Now, we do have a very slim device over here, and I must applaud them for actually putting in a 4500 mAh battery. However, the problem here is that the battery timing is very low.

So I noticed, based on my basic usage, usually in the morning, I start off with 100%. By the time I reach like 5 or 6, it was really down to like 30 or 40%, which of course required me to start charging up the device because I typically stay awake till quite late. So, yes, this is where you have the 67watt fast charge charger that came in the box. You're able to charge up fairly quickly. I would say 39 minutes, if I'm not mistaken. Zero to 100%. But yeah, the battery life is not that strong compared to other 4500 mAh battery devices.

Specifications

Body

Dimensions152.7 x 69.9 x 8.2 millimeter
Weight180 Gram  
Build
Glass front (Gorilla Glass Victus), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame 
SIM:
 Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)

Display

Type: AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1100 nits (peak) 
Resolution:      1080 x 2400 pixels,
 ProtectionCorning Gorilla Glass Victus

Network

 LTE 4G & 5G

Storage

Card slot: No, 
Internal: 128GB, 256GB, 256GB

RAM

 12GB, 8GB

Processor

Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm) 
CPU: Octa-core (1x3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3x2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4x1.80 GHz Cortex-A510) 
GPU: Adreno 730

Main Camera

Triple: 550 MP(wide), 1/1.56", 13 MP(ultrawide), 5 MP(telephoto macro), 
 Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama

Selfie Camera

Single: 32 MP(wide)  
Features: HDR, panorama

Video Record

Main: 8K@24fps (HDR), 4K@30/60fps (HDR10+), 1080p@30/120/240/960fps, 720p@1920fps, gyro-EIS
Selfie: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps, HDR

Sound

 Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers, 

Headphone Jack

 No

Battery

Type: Li-Po 4500 mAh, non-removable
Charging: Fast charging 67W, 100% in 39 to 41 min, Fast wireless charging 50W, 100% in 53 to 57 minutes, 
Reverse wireless charging 10W,

OS

 Android 13

Other Features

Sensors Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, compass, color spectrum,
Virtual Proximity Sensing
WLAN: dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth: Yes
GPS: Yes,
Infrated port: Yes
Radio: No
USB: USB Type-C 2.0,

Price

 655$ / € 625.92

 


Post a Comment

0 Comments